Scaling Strategies for Scaleurs
Scaling strategies has literally become the “buzzword” for most of the startups / scale-ups these days. It is said to be relatively a new segment in the domain of marketing. It is focused on growth and every other tactic that can help an organization. As grow in terms of business, client retention, and return on investment.
Starting a company is only half the battle. The real challenge comes when you reach a point where there are more customers than you can serve. Growing is part of the answer. But scaling is not only about growth itself but about improving the ability to handle growth.
Now, in case you too are an aspiring scaleur / entrepreneur and looking for essential scaling strategies that can be implemented in order to take your business to the next level of success?
I hope it is useful for you to learn about 4 successful scale strategies for your business:
1. Ensure that you have Scaling Strategies
Growing to scale will put your marketing business under more pressure than ever before. It’s not the time to gloss over things and assume the kinks will work out as you grow. Take a closer look at every variable: your team, infrastructure, operations, product, systems, services, and especially your budget.
If there are any weaknesses in the way your marketing business runs today, scaling will only magnify them. Set aside the time to turn your business inside out and make sure you can truly support sudden growth. Before you even consider how to scale, your marketing should already run like a well-oiled machine. If not, scale back before you scale up.
Questions to ask:
– Do you have a sufficient lead flow to generate the desired number of leads?
– Are your marketing systems to track and manage leads?
– Do you have enough sales representatives to follow up and close leads?
– Do you have a billing system and a receivables function to follow up to ensure invoices are collected timely?
2. Start using digitized standardized, automated marketing SYSTEMS
You cannot scale your marketing business unless you’ve established processes and procedures that facilitate streamlined operations. By aligning and standardizing your core functions, you’ll be able to quickly build a solid foundation for the long haul. Instead of focusing on short-term fixes, you will be able to accomplish larger business goals with ease. Scaling strategies arent easy, but once you implement scalable processes, you can focus on increasing your leads. Without wondering whether your marketing department can handle it. Focus on simplicity and keep customer needs at the core. If you can check both of those boxes for each scalable process, you’re on the right track.
Embrace automation. It’s the central puzzle of marketing: sending the right message to the right person at just the right time. But as you ramp up your marketing machine, launching simultaneous, complex campaigns. It becomes more and more difficult to do so. In order to keep up with the complexity and volume of customer and campaign data, you need the right technologies and tools to track, analyze, and optimize your marketing efforts.
So how do you scale without losing the personalization that’s resonated with your customers and fueled your current successes? Leveraging marketing automation tools allows you to send highly targeted messages to leads and shorten the marketing cycle. Automated lead nurturing helps you build relationships with customers through helpful emails, follow-ups, social media engagement, etc. To determine when they’re truly sales-ready. And by automating your creative workflows, you streamline repetitive tasks, cut down on errors, and execute faster.
– Use marketing tools such as Visme, Canva, AdobeSpark, Piktochart, Unsplash, Medium, and Buffer. They will help you keep an eye on the latest social media trends and design tools.
– Get the hang of the SEO scene with marketing platforms. Such as Google Analytics, Moz Check My Listing, SEO SiteCheckup, Sumo, Google Search Console, and more.
– Master the art of Email marketing with tools like Hubspot, GetResponse, and MailChimp.
– Set up automated training processes for new recruits.
– Establish an automated bill pay process for faster withdrawals and automate your office invoice system
3. Go for people with the right SCALEUR MINDSET
Growth in marketing can take you from one lead to 100, but to get from 100 to 100,000, you’ll need to scale. Growth depends on individual decisions made at the moment, but scaling is built on predictable, repeatable strategies designed with efficiency in mind. If you have strong processes, you can hire a new employee, provide instructions on how to perform a task, and get consistent results within days instead of months. It is important to employ the right people with the necessary skill sets to make scaling strategies successful.
– Know if your employees embrace challenges as growth experiences, do they come up with innovative and relevant business ideas?
– Recruit employees who hone more than one skill.
– See if they take ownership and are they capable of handling pressure without hampering his/her productivity at the workplace.
4. Implement a SUCCESS PANEL
How can you grow your customer base and revenue streams when you don’t know how leads are coming into or moving through your marketing funnel?
When you’re tracking the right things, growth becomes a much simpler task. Focus on metrics that make you a customer-centric organization, so you get actionable data and timely user feedback that pushes your company forward. Find out which marketing initiatives are creating value in order to improve results, boost ROI, and deliver mature leads to your sales team. Being able to properly attribute revenue across each of your marketing activities is key to knowing where to place your resources to fuel growth.
Basic metrics like lead volume and website traffic are important, but failing to dive deeper means you’re missing out on key insights into your marketing performance, and valuable opportunities for improvement. MQL to SQL ratio, unengaged subscribers, and other advanced marketing metrics will give you deeper insight into what’s driving your success and where you should focus your attention.
Track Key Metrics:
– Lead Volume: it’s important to measure how many leads your marketing efforts are generating, and additional look at how many leads actually turn into customers.
– Analyze acquisition by tracking the number of people visiting your website, what is their engagement time
– Look at the customer cost of acquisition (CAC)
Become a Successful Scaleur
I hope this blog will prove to be helpful in your endeavor.
After all, Scaling is a strategy that can only be mastered by a scaleur who is an ardent learner and considers real-time business priorities.
Marketing Scaleurs is a scaling company helping entrepreneurs scale their marketing efforts. To accomplish this we help businesses strive and succeed with growth marketing, product development and more. How do we do it? We create custom growth plans to startups, entrepreneurs and scaleurs in order to help them gain traffic, generate leads and increase their revenue. If you want traffic, leads and sales, send an email to Marketing Scaleurs today, and you will start getting results in no time!