Scaling Tools Every Marketing Scaleur Should Know
One of the biggest misunderstandings about scaling marketing efforts is that it requires you to do more marketing. And it’s not about more marketing; it’s about more effectively using your scaling tools.
In this blog, I want to give you an overview of what your toolkit should look like if you want to start scaling your marketing business. Select and use these scaling tools that offer the biggest return for the least cost and effort.
LEAD GENERATION TOOLS
Building a predictable lead generation machine is challenging. Once you crack this challenge, though, it’s extremely rewarding as you can scale up faster. And afford to be more selective with who you work with. So in the B2B world, most customer relationships today begin with content offers, then continue on with lead nurturing through the sales funnel. Therefore you must understand the full nurturing model and have various types of content (from eBooks to webinars). And serve specific audience needs throughout your funnel.
1. Leadfeeder. A website visitor tracking tool that tells you which businesses are visiting your website. Even if the visitor does not fill out a form or download a resource. Using a website visitor tracking tool (which is similar to analytics, but with the ability to identify which individual companies visit your website) is an effective method of lead capture. By identifying the businesses visiting your site and monitoring the pages they visit and the content they read. So you can develop outreach and engagement opportunities based on their actual site engagement.
2. AppSumo. A multi-app toolkit built to increase the ROI of your website. It offers a variety of pop-up tools designed to drive lead captures on every page of your website, including newsletter sign-up, special offers, and lower cart abandonment rates through timely pop-up reminders during checkout. Sumo integrates with most email service providers to ensure your leads go straight to your lists. Alternatives are Sleeknote or Hello Bar.
3. Fomo. Leverage the power of social proof to increase conversions. While customers and prospects are browsing your website, Fomo displays small notifications alerting your prospects about other visitors on the site as well as some of the purchases those other visitors have made. By showing prospects that other customers are viewing and purchasing, you instantly give your website and business credibility through social proof.
4. Drift. To capture more qualified leads on who visits your site, use Drift and create conversational bots that interact with your website visitors. By setting predetermined questions and answers to commonly asked questions and tailoring these questions to different pages on your site, you can help potential new leads find the information they’re looking for quickly and boost conversation on lead generation pages. This tool also gives you the ability to connect with your support team directly for any interactions that require a more “human” touch.
Data visualizers help reformat valuable, insightful data into visual graphs, charts, and graphics that make those numbers easier to digest. You have to know your numbers — if you don’t know, down to the penny, how much it costs you to generate leads and sales, you will crash and burn.
1. Google Analytics. To keep a pulse on how users are interacting with your pages and products, take the time to set up Google Analytics on your ecommerce website. With Google Analytics, you can track sessions, users, pageviews, conversion events, time on page, bounce rates, and more. You can also set up reports that can help you identify problems or opportunities in real-time.
2. MixPanel. A granular data collection tool that allows you to analyze each customer interaction across the entire user journey. By capturing each user interaction, you can start to build touchpoints and customer journeys based on actual customer interaction history, leading to a more personalized customer experience and increased conversion rates.
3. Autopilot. Captures new leads from your website, app, or blog and then nurtures them with personalized messages. You can also use it to automate repetitive sales funnel tasks, such as lead assignation, appointment setting, and customer onboarding programs.
4. Zapier. An automation tool that allows you to move data between your web applications, meaning lead generation flows and alert notifications can be seamlessly automated between your marketing tools.
CONTENT AND EMAIL MARKETING TOOLS
Email marketing isn’t new. As long as you’re using it correctly, email is still one of the most valuable and targeted channels for reaching your audience. Understand open rates, A/B testing, and email lead nurturing.
1. Medium. A popular blogging platform and an effective tool for generating valuable inbound content and growing a community. Most importantly, you can have your own hosted blog.
2. HubSpot. Manage your leads pipeline. HubSpot also integrates with most lead generation and email marketing platforms, so your lead generation efforts can be amplified through serious automation and easy actioning. HubSpot’s free CRM platform is also the foundation for their Marketing, Sales, and Service hub product sets, providing an end-to-end platform for lead generation, sales funnel management, and retention.
3. Verify Email. A simple service that verifies your email marketing lists. It connects to the email server and checks if the email exists or not, which is useful if you are re-engaging old leads or contacts.
WEBSITE TOOLS / SEO / PPC
SEO is foundational to any marketing strategy, but it’s tough to do effectively, especially in a crowded market, as everyone jostles to rank among the top search results and stay one step ahead of Google’s periodically shifting algorithms.
1. Unbounce. Build high-conversion landing pages for campaigns and events. Using a simple drag and drop editor, you can easily build landing pages optimized for data capture and lead generation. You can also run AB tests to test out landing page copy and layout to ensure your pages are always optimized for lead capture.
2. Olark. Live chat applications for businesses. If offers a no-fuss approach to live chat software, and has improved its design and offering over the past couple of years. Olark also offers an extensive integration portfolio to ensure chat leads captured on your site are sent to the right tools in your marketing stack.
3. Moz – An all-in-one digital marketing tool, a comprehensive workflow tool for SEO. The platform allows you to audit your SEO performance, track position for keywords, generate ideas for gaining traffic, as well as monitor competitors.
4. Google Adwords. To increase brand and product exposure, you can use Google AdWords to create campaigns that drive more customers to your website. With Google AdWords, you can target specific audiences based on location or keywords, and you only pay for actual results. What makes Google AdWords extra special is that you don’t have to create the demand—you simply need to satisfy it. Your audience is already looking for your products and keywords.
Posts that contain image and video content increase engagement because of its visual and aesthetic appeal. With these tools, you need not be a design expert to make it work.
1. Visme. A simple online interface to generate images to accompany marketing campaigns. Whether you’re creating images for social media, printed brochures, websites, product mockups, business cards, or online display ads, Visme is a tool anyone can use for marketing images. Alternatives are Canva, Gimp, Photoshop, and Indesign.
2. Lumen5. Create engaging video ads and start publishing high-quality video content to social media. With a stock image gallery and over 2000 video templates, Lumen5 gives you the ability to create professional-looking videos through their drag and drop builder. You can also perform multivariate tests to see which videos connect best with your audience.
3. Fiverr. Fiverr is an online marketplace for freelance services. The company provides a platform for freelancers to offer services to customers worldwide.
Become a Successful Scaleur
I hope this blog will prove to be helpful in your endeavor. After all, Scaling is a strategy that can only be mastered by a scaleur who is an ardent learner and considers real-time business priorities.
Marketing Scaleurs is a scaling company helping entrepreneurs scale their marketing efforts. So to accomplish this we help businesses strive and succeed with growth marketing, product development and more. How do we do it? We create custom growth plans to startups, entrepreneurs and scaleurs in order to help them gain traffic, generate leads and increase their revenue. If you want traffic, leads and sales, send an email to Marketing Scaleurs today, and you will start getting results in no time