Scaler’s Toolkit Part 2: Content and Email Marketing, Web, SEO, and PPC
One common misconception around scaling marketing efforts is that in order to scale you need to do more marketing. However, it’s not actually about doing more, it’s about being more efficient with your tools, skills, and knowledge. It’s about your team working in a coordinated dance of growing audiences, connecting with audiences, and meeting KPIs.
In this Scaler’s Toolkit series, we’ll look at a number of resources you and your team can use to scale your marketing efficiently and effectively. For most of these tools, you don’t need a massive budget, team, or loads of time. Take a look at the different options and try out the ones that you think will benefit you most.
In the first part of the series, we looked at Lead Generation and Analytics tools.
This week, we’ll look at Content and Email Marketing, Web, SEO, and PPC. Next week, we’ll look at Design, Social Media, and Productivity tools.
We’ve used the tools below for both ourselves and clients with great results. So use the Scaler’s Toolkit as your shortcut to marketing success. Enjoy!
Content and Email Marketing Tools
Email marketing isn’t new. As long as you’re using it correctly, email is one of the most valuable channels for reaching your audience. These tools will help you understand open rates, A/B testing, and email lead nurturing.
- Medium — A popular blogging platform and an effective tool for generating valuable inbound content and growing a community. Most importantly, you can have your own hosted blog.
- HubSpot — A way to manage your leads pipeline. HubSpot also integrates with most lead generation and email marketing platforms, so your lead generation efforts can be amplified through serious automation and easy actioning. HubSpot’s free CRM platform is also the foundation for their Marketing, Sales, and Service hub product sets. Providing an end-to-end platform for lead generation, sales funnel management, and retention.
- Mailchimp — An email marketing and automation platform that allows you to grow and manage your newsletter and product subscribers.
- Verify Email — A simple service that verifies your email marketing lists. It connects to the email server and checks whether an email address exists or not, which is useful to ensure deliverability.
- Good Email Copy — Provides a repository for time-tested, effective email copy for campaign inspiration. You can view email copy used for acquisition and onboarding campaigns from the most successful businesses in the world.
- Campaign Monitor — Sends personalized email to your customers so you can stay on top of your customer interactions. You can trigger messages to be sent based on a location in the customer journey and increase conversion with relevant content. Use Campaign Monitor’s to create targeted segments of your list and send emails with templates and content that inspire action.
Website Tools, SEO, PPC
SEO is foundational to any marketing strategy, but it’s tough to do effectively. Especially in a crowded market. Everyone jostles to rank among the top search results and stays one step ahead of Google’s periodically shifting algorithms. These tools can help you work around such headaches.
- Unbounce— Build high-conversion landing pages for campaigns and events. Using a simple drag-and-drop editor, you can build landing pages optimized for data capture and lead generation. You can also run A/B tests landing-page copy and layout to ensure your pages are always optimized for lead capture.
- Optimize — Part of the Google Marketing Platform, this is a comprehensive website testing tool that allows you to run tests on your website copy, layout, and calls to action so you can make sure your site runs at its best for each and every visitor. Optimize integrates natively with Google Analytics, so you can start to draw insights about your website immediately and run A/B, multivariate, and redirect tests to learn what works best for your site visitors.
- Olark — Providing live chat applications for businesses, this offers a no-fuss approach to live chat software that has improved its design over the past couple of years. Olark also offers an extensive integration portfolio to ensure chat leads captured on your site are sent to the right tools in your marketing stack.
- Keyword Tool — Find complementary keywords using Google’s autocomplete engine. Use this as an alternative to Google keyword research. The free version is capable of building 750+ long-tail keyword combinations. Alternatives are Google or Bing.
- SEMrush — An all-in-one digital marketing tool, a comprehensive workflow tool for SEO, this platform allows you to audit your SEO performance, track position for keywords, generate ideas for gaining traffic, and monitor competitors. Semrush also offers analytics for paid online campaigns and social media; however, their strongest offering is the organic analytics component.
- Google AdWords — To increase brand and product exposure, you can use Google AdWords to create campaigns that drive more customers to your website. You can target specific audiences based on location or keywords, and you only pay for actual results. What makes Google AdWords extra special is that you don’t have to create the demand — you simply have to satisfy it, because your audience is already looking for your products and keywords.
In most situations, a combination of email and social media marketing is the most cost-effective way to reach the maximum number of people in your target audience. The trick is to engage the 20% of your customers who will drive 80% of your business. Then, expand your reach by investing time in the one or two social networks where the majority of your customers are most active. This strategy will drive repeat business and amplify the reach of your messages through social sharing and word of mouth.
Become a Successful Scaleur
Scaling is a strategy that can only be mastered by a scaleur who is a dedicated learner and considers real-time business priorities. I hope the article above has helped! Marketing Scaleurs is a scaling company that helps entrepreneurs scale their marketing efforts. We’re experts in growth marketing, product development, and more, creating custom growth plans for startups, entrepreneurs and scaleurs in order to help them gain traffic, generate leads and increase their revenue.
If you want traffic, leads and sales, get in touch and you’ll start getting results in no time!