Scaler’s Toolkit Part 3: Design, Social Media, and Productivity tools
One common misconception around scaling marketing efforts is that in order to scale you need to do more marketing. However, it’s not actually about doing more, it’s about being more efficient with your productivity tools, skills, and knowledge. It’s about your team working in a coordinated dance of growing and connecting with audiences and meeting KPIs.
In this Scaler’s Toolkit series, we’ll look at a number of resources you and your team can use to scale your marketing efficiently and effectively. For most of these tools, you don’t need a massive budget, team, or loads of time. Take a look at the different options and try out the ones that you think will benefit you most.
In the first part of the series, we looked at Lead Generation and Analytics tools. The second part, we looked at Content and Email Marketing, Web, SEO, and PPC. Final week, we’ll look at Design, Social Media, and Productivity tools.
We’ve used the tools below for both ourselves and clients with great results. So use the Scaler’s Toolkit as your shortcut to marketing success. Enjoy!
Posts that contain images and videos increase engagement because of the visual and esthetic appeal. With these productivity tools, you don’t have to be a design expert to make them work.
- Visme — A simple online interface to generate images to accompany marketing campaigns. Whether you’re creating images for social media, printed brochures, websites, product mockups, business cards, or online display ads, anyone can use Visme use for marketing images. Alternatives are Canva, Gimp, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Photoshop — You can use Photoshop to create professional-grade product images to insert throughout your website. Customize and edit photos and graphics to establish a sense of consistency and branding that will differentiate you from competitors. Professional photo editing can also help build trust and legitimacy for your e-commerce business.
- Lumen5 — Create engaging video ads and start publishing high-quality video content to social media. With a stock image gallery and more than 2,000 video templates, Lumen5 gives you the ability to create professional-looking videos through their drag-and-drop builder. You can also perform multivariate tests to see which videos connect best with your audience.
Social Media Tools
Some of the most-popular social media networks are Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Tumblr, which are used often in both paid and unpaid marketing. These specialized tools can enhance their value for your marketing efforts by helping you manage your various social media accounts from one spot.
- Buffer — Coordinated social media marketing is one of the most-effective marketing tools available to companies of any size. Social media management platforms allow you to automate and batch the entire social media marketing process. Plan and curate your content calendar, compose and schedule your messages, and then spread them out over the course of a day or week. Alternatives are Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Crowdfire, and MeetEdgar
- Livestorm — This webinar platform is GDPR-ready and delivers a HIPPA-compliant streaming technology as well.
- Facebook Ads — To connect with new customers and drive them to your ecommerce site, use Facebook Ads to launch campaigns that target specific users or types of users. This is a great option for e-commerce businesses because it is relatively inexpensive compared to other options. My favorite part of using Facebook Ads is that you can get incredibly specific when it comes to targeting your ideal customer.
- Criteo — To create more-compelling ads for visitors, use Criteo to create and launch personalized retargeting ad campaigns. With Criteo, you can convert more shoppers by presenting them with dynamic ads that recommend the best offers and products from your catalog. The tool also allows you to optimize campaign performance by automatically selecting creative components that are likely to drive the most engagement.
- AdEspresso — To optimize your Facebook Ads, use AdEspresso to create simple A/B tests to determine which ads perform better. With robust analytics, you can easily see how well your campaigns are faring. This tool will also provide suggestions for the best way to optimize your campaigns according to various metrics.
Managing your business often gets in the way of growing your business — and it just gets more annoying the larger you grow. These tools can help you manage your time, finances, people, and channels, and even conduct competitive analysis so you can stay ahead of the game.
- Marketing Scaleurs — We’d be remiss if we didn’t include Marketing Scaleurs. It’s all about empowering businesses that are growing quickly to strengthen their team, increase efficiency, and build advanced skillsets. So take a look at the site and get in touch if you want to learn more!
- Sales Scaleur — After you scale your marketing, the logical next step is sales. That’s what Sales Scaleur is here for. From starting up your sales team to growth to full-on scaling sales, Sales Scaleur can help.
- Jelloow — Jelloow is another efficiency hack for any quickly growing business. They connect businesses with creative agencies and services so you can find the exact skillset you need easily, quickly, and within budget. It’s one of those ideas that’s so obviously helpful we’re surprised it wasn’t around earlier.
- Hiver — As your team grows, communication becomes vastly more important. With Hiver, you can maintain a cleaner, more-streamlined inbox by removing cc, bcc, and forwarding entirely. Shared mailboxes give your team the ability to assign tasks to one another and remove any difficulties that come along with multiple team members interacting with customers through the same email.
- ShipStation — This program lets you streamline, automate, and scale fulfillment and shipping for your business. You can also use it to import, manage, and ship product orders. ShipStation integrates with a number of e-commerce shopping carts, platforms, and tools, including Sellbrite.
Keeping pace with all these new touchpoints and tactics is challenging for even the most-experienced marketer. That’s why building out your marketing tech stack in a strategic and scalable way is so important. With adaptable, scalable marketing tools working behind the scenes, all kinds of opportunities will open up, and you’ll have everything you need to stay one step ahead of the competition.
In most situations, a combination of email and social media marketing is the most cost-effective way to reach the maximum number of people in your target audience. The trick is to engage the 20% of your customers who will drive 80% of your business. Then, expand your reach by investing time in social networks where the majority of your customers are most active. This strategy will drive repeat business and amplify the reach of your messages through social sharing and word of mouth.
Become a Successful Scaleur
Scaling is a strategy that can only be mastered by a scaleur who is a dedicated learner and considers real-time business priorities. I hope the article above has helped! Marketing Scaleurs is a scaling company that helps entrepreneurs scale their marketing efforts. We’re experts in growth marketing, product development, and more, creating custom growth plans for startups, entrepreneurs and scaleurs in order to help them gain traffic, generate leads and increase their revenue.
If you want traffic, leads and sales, get in touch and you’ll start getting results in no time!